Saturday, May 11, 2013

mother's day print project.

Mother's Day should be the most important day of the year. Moms do a ton and are hardly ever adequately appreciated, and the presents we give mom and grandma on her one day of celebration each year often pale in comparison to our appreciation.

This first year with the boys I really wanted to do something special for the new grandparents and great-grandparents. I hope they love this project as much as I do!




Pretty simple in concept, although inking and printing hand- and footprints of two five-month-olds by yourself without getting ink everywhere... almost impossible!

The idea was to have the hands and/or feet be in the shape of a heart. It wasn't as blatantly recognizable as I had hoped, so I just outlined it. This could work with just one baby, just with both hands, and could probably work with siblings of similar ages, too.

Make sure to use toxic-free ink, as it is inevitable some will end up in baby's mouth.

The frames I found at a thrift shop; I love funky frames and each one was specially picked out to match a specific Mom we love!!! Quick project and one that is usually well-received. Who doesn't like baby prints???

Happy Mother's Day weekend to one and to all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment