Saturday, June 29, 2013

how to not wake a baby.

To every action an equal and opposite reaction. Just like there are sounds that will always wake the baby, there are some sounds that, no matter how much you cringe while making them for fear of waking the babe, for some reason have no effect on their slumber. There are a lot of sounds I won't list here - a gurgling brook, or breathing, for example, are sounds that won't wake a baby, but you know that already (hopefully). Some are quite surprising.

Sounds that never seem to wake the baby:
  • Vacuum
  • Faucet
  • Juicer
  • Blender
  • Music (amazingly this is pretty much across the board any type of music, though I haven't tried black metal, so maybe not so much the screamy stuff...)
  • Talking
  • Singing
  • NPR or KUOW (especially Steve Sher; gotta love Weekday...)
  • Toilet flushing
  • Sirens
  • Passing gas
  • Brushing teeth
  • Snaps
Why have some of these sounds even been tested out while a baby was sleeping? Unfortunately to answer to most of them I'll have to defer you to my lovely husband. As for KUOW and passing gas, well, sometimes I just can't help myself. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment